20.06.2010 Approved by the Council of Atamans of "IUCF"
Supreme Ataman IUCF, Colonel-General
Cossacks P. N. Kitsko
for the Cossack ranks and dress code of the Cossacks
(ordinary, officers and generals staff) of the
“International Union of Cossack Forces”
1.According to the Section 5.1.4. of Statute IUCF the members of the ISO "IUCF" have the right to receive the Cossack rank and to wear the Cossack form in accordance with the Regulation "About the Cossack ranks and dress of members of ISO" IUCF";
According to Section 6.23. of Statute and in accordance with the Regulation "On the Cossack ranks and attire of the members ISO "IUCF", Supreme Ataman of the Cossack gives the ranks to the regular members of the Union, and according to the submission of the Ataman Council – extraordinary ranks.
The main atamans of regions have the right to assign the regular Cossack ranks to the members of the IUCF in their regions up to the rank of "Captain" inclusive.
The supreme atamans of the districts have the right to assign the regular Cossack ranks to members of the IUCF in their districts up to the rank of "colonel” inclusive, and to present to Supreme Ataman the candidates from IUCF Board Ataman for the assignment of the general's ranks (the Cossacks of his district).
The Chief Ataman of IUCF has the right to assign the title to "General - Captain" inclusive, and the title of "general – horunzhy and the general – colonel” in consultation with the Supreme Ataman of IUCF.
The next rank can be assigned not earlier than 3 years after the previous (except for ordinary ranks "Joura", "Cossack" and "Sergeant" that can grow each year. In some cases, the Supreme Ataman of IUCF can assign extraordinary Cossack ranks.
For the Cossack ranks of IUCF the Cossack should:
- Have the uniforms (form) of the approved sample with the appropriate marks of distinction;
- Excellent perform all Cossack duties and responsibilities;
- Title given for the management and development of Cossack units:
- Unite at least 3 "Jour" and carry with them the Cossack work and training for the title of "Cossack";
- Combine (lead) more than 5 Cossacks for the title of "Sergeant Major";
- Unite at least 10 Cossacks for the title "horunzhy"
- Unite at least 30 of the Cossacks for the title "sotnyk"
- Combine at least 50 Cossacks for the title "Under the Captain"
- Combine at least 100 Cossacks and be designated a deputy commander of the regiment for the title “Captain”;
- Unite at least 200 Cossacks and be one of the deputy commander of the regiment for the title "Colonel" (Lieutenant-Colonel);
- Unite at least 500 Cossack (Cossack regiment), in the regiment can be 2 Colonel: the regimental commander and chief of the regiment for the title "Colonel".
(In some cases, the titles may be assigned by commanders of Cossack units in the state of formation, but in the presence of at least half of units corresponding to the assigned of Cossack rank).
- Lead 3 or more then 3 Cossack regiments for the title "General - Captain"; General - horunjy " should has in its subordination 3" General – Captains”, so 9 Cossack regiments," General – Colonel” should lead 3 General – horunjy”, so 27 Cossack regiments.
The titles can be assigned compared with the scientists and military rank, position, etc., (subject to the Oath of the IUCF and the commencement of the Cossack duties):
- Holders of military ranks and ranks of veterans of other law enforcement agencies are assigned to appropriate Cossack rank (subject to the Oath of the JPO and the start of the Cossack duties);
- In scientific Cossack structures the candidates of sciences are given the title of "Captain", PhD - the title of "colonel", university presidents, members of - the Academy of Sciences - the title of “Major – Genera”, the "member of the Academy of Sciences - the title of “Lieutenant – general”, and further growth of ranks on the results of the work carried out in the IUCF.
- Other titles: "Honored", distinguished people, and other officials: ministers, governors, mayors, etc. - are assigned to the Cossack rank by the Supreme Ataman JPO.
COISSACKS RANKS EXEPTED IN IUCF IN ACCORDANCE
WITH MILLITARY RANKS AND COSSACK TITLES (1884 - 1917 years.)
I. Joura - preliminary and ordinary rank (also for teenager under 18 years):
1. JOURA- preliminary title (straps without differences)
2. ZASTAVNOY - common soldier (straps without differences)
3. YOUNGER VISTUN - senior soldier (one narrow magenta ribbon across the shoulder)
II. Cossack - junior to the officer rank:
4. COSSACK - Junior Sergeant (two narrow magenta ribbons across the shoulder)
III. Under Sergeant - the senior till the officer ranks:
5.ZNACHKOVY VISTUN (Junior Sergeant) - Sergeant (three narrow magenta ribbons across the shoulder)
6.URYADNIK VISTUN (policeman) - Sergeant (one broad magenta band across the shoulder)
7.CHOTAR - (senior policeman) - Ensign (two small stars along the shoulder strap)
8.STARSHY CHOTAR (sergeant) - Chief Warrant Officer (three small stars along the shoulder strap)
IV. Junior sergeant - the junior officer ranks:
9.PODHORUNZHY - Lieutenant (a small star at the center of the magenta ribbon along the shoulder strap)
10.HORUNZHY - Lieutenant (two small stars on the edge, across races, with two sides of the magenta ribbon, located in the center along the shoulder strap).
11. SOTNIK - Lieutenant (three small stars: two from the edge, across the shoulder strap on either side of magenta ribbon, located in the center along the shoulder strap, one - on the tape is closer to the center of the shoulder strap)
12.POD ESAUL - captain (the four small stars: two from the edge, across the shoulder strap on either side of magenta ribbon, located in the center along the shoulder strap, and two - closer to the center on the tape).
V. The seniors - the senior officer ranks:
13.ESAUL - Major, one star (medium size) in the center are solid shoulder strap.
14. VOYSKOVOY SERGEANT - Lieutenant Colonel (the two stars of medium size are solid across the shoulder strap - 2 cm from the outer edge)
15.COLONEL - Colonel (three stars of medium size, two - are solid across the shoulder strap - 2 cm from the outside edge and one on the center - 2 cm in front of them closer to the center of the shoulder strap).
VI. General ranks:
16.GENERAL – CAPTAIN of the Cossacks - Major - General (one star embroidered in gold thread, embroidered on the center ornament epaulette).
17. GENERAL – HORUNZHIY of the Cossacks - Lieutenant - General (two stars embroidered in gold thread, in the center along the embroidered patterns epaulette).
18. GENERAL - COLONEL of the Cossacks - General - Colonel (three stars embroidered in gold thread, on the center along the embroidered patterns epaulette).
19. GENERAL OF THE COSSACKS - Army General (1 embroidered gold thread big star at the center of embroidered ornament epaulette)
According p.1.5 of STATUTE of the International Social Organization "International Union of Cossack Forces" the personnel "IUCF" has the right to use their own symbols (including chevron uniforms), which is registered under current legislation of Ukraine (for foreign organizations ISO "IUCF" under the law their countries.